Y-PACKET 2 is the high capacity Full-Ethernet point-to-point microwave radio: it carries up to 590 Mbps of traffic, full-duplex. It is designed to enable service providers and enterprise network operators to deliver voice and premium data services.
As a high capacity solution, it helps to eliminate back-haul bottlenecks and significantly reduce costs, while facilitating the transition to full-packet networks. Conceived with full-outdoor approach, it covers frequency range from 6 GHz to 38 GHz, in both Licensed & Unlicensed (17 GHz and 24 GHz) bands.
It has been developed with an aim to be easy to configure, manage and monitor:
- Full outdoor approach, in any configuration: 1+0, 2+0 XPIC and/or RLA, 1+1 HSB.
- Full Ethernet microwave radio, for network modernization.
- The GPS onboard can geo-reference the equipment on a map. If removed without authorization from installation site, it is able to lock transmission.
- Remote assistance on equipment can be activated with the click of a button: a secure tunnel to device will be established with zero configuration efforts.
- Touchless Configuration mobile App dramatically reduce installation complexity and costs. It allows setting equipment parameters with the touch of a smartphone, when the ODU is even un-powered! The App reads the Serial Number, fetches the configuration from the cloud and applies it to the radio.