VX-1400 compact HF radio features
Space-Saving Compact Size
The VX-1400 is designed to occupy less space while providing all the features you need for optimal mobile HF communications. Use the optional remote control mounting kit for more flexible installation.
Includes two large-diameter cooling fans to ensure stable temperature for long-life performance with proper ventilation.
The VX-1400 uses Digital Signal Processing (DSP) for voice enhancement and digital noise reduction that eliminates background noise for clear message transmission and reception. Additional DSP capabilities include auto-notch and microphone equalizer for quality performance.
Large Channel Capacity
The VX-1400 stores 512 channels arranged in five groups with the flexibility to have any number of channels per group. Each channel can be programmed with a 14-character alphanumeric description for quick and easy call management.
Includes three channel display options: memory channel with frequency; alpha-numeric tag or a combination of both.
Automatic Link Establishment (ALE) Option
For convenient, cross-organization message passing and monitoring without additional equipment and operators, install the ALE-2 option to enable the VX-1400 to use ALE to select the channel with the best LQA (Link Quality Analysis) score from the programmed channels. ALE automatically removes potential sources of transmit failure for more robust and reliable communications. A key solution for response agencies and organizations seeking an alternative back-channel to use during the loss of conventional communications.
Voice Encryption Option
For secure communication requirements, the Transcrypt™ SC20-455 rolling code frequency inversion unit is compatible with the VX-1400.
- Seven programmable keys
- Programmable key lock function
- VFO (Variable Frequency Oscillator)
- Memory Channel (ITU Marine Channels preset)
- One-touch alert and 2182 kHz channel programmable option for S1/S2 keys
- Call Modes: SELCALL, TELCALL, Message, Position Request, Position Send, Beacon Request
- Message recall (SELCALL or ALE)
- Voice guide announcing memory channel number
- Voice storage
- Noise blanker
- Priority scan
- GPS input port (with CT-139 cable)
- Data modem port (with CT-139 cable)
- D-sub 25 pin accessory connector (with CT-139 cable)
- External automatic antenna tuner (optional)
- Remote control head operation (optional)